Customer Service Leader | 6901 Van Dusen Rd Laurel, MD
6901 Van Dusen Rd
Laurel, MD 20707
The Customer Service Leader (CSL) works in support of the leadership team to facilitate the completion of all store-level tasks. The CSL performs a variety of tasks related to different areas of the store, including: food preparation, point of sale, customer service, general housekeeping, and other related functions. The desired candidate creates a positive store culture by treating employees fairly and respectfully. The CSL must be self-motivated, dependable, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, all while maintaining 100% total customer focus and operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment (greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining outstanding standards, product knowledge, and all other components of customer service)
• Ensures the proper execution of assigned food service programs and procedures
• Supports and follows all safety and security initiatives
• Adheres to the execution of established Royal Farms rules, policies, procedures, and systems
• Ensures the proper execution of all Royal Farms marketing programs
• Operates the point of sale (POS) and maintains proper cash controls
• Provides leadership to their retail team members that ensures a pleasant customer service experience
• Adheres to company policy for checking in external and internal vendors
• Maintains operational excellence and consistency in store cleanliness, food safety, merchandising, and “just-in-time” replenishment
• Completes all store side work as required (e.g., cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.)
• Ensures the compliance of Royal Farms policies, procedures, and systems (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.)
• Completes other assigned tasks
The ideal candidate for the Customer Service Leader position must be at least 18 years old and:
• Has consistently demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Understands that their success depends upon their team’s success, encouraging and inspiring their coworkers to improve themselves
• Possesses strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possesses strong supervisory and organizational skills
• Has at least 1 year of food service/retail management experience. Internal promotion candidates should be employed for at least 90 days.
• Has earned a high school diploma or GED
• Utilizes basic business math and accounting skills, computer skills, and strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
• Is currently ServSafe Certified or is able to become ServSafe Certified and maintain the certification. Must be certified within 6 months of placement into the position.
• Can lift and carry 50 lbs
• Can lift, bend, and stand as many as eight (8) hours per shift.