Alexendria, VA 22315
The Loss Prevention Officer will be responsible for driving business results in preventing and investigating loss to Royal Farms via internal or external factors, conduct proactive surprise audits, related to safety and loss prevention policy and procedures.
LP Officer will assist in preventing and minimizing loss of Merchandise, Cash, Supplies, Fraud, Waste or Abuse. Assist with Robbery, credit card and other incident types. Assist operations with investigations and training related to loss prevention and safety issues as well as work with local law enforcement and states attorneys for criminal & civil cases. LP Officer will be assigned other duties as needed.
Duties and responsibilities
• Store Audits – Conduct surprise store Safety and Loss Prevention audits on all Royal Farms locations. Audits will provide information on policy and procedure compliance, loss, and training opportunities with operational staff.
• Investigations – Investigate internal and external issues. Employee theft, customer theft schemes, Employee/Customer injuries, Robberies, credit card fraud, organized retail crime, vendor theft, paperwork errors, and other investigations that are needed by the Loss Prevention department.
• Interviews – Conduct administrative interviews with employees during investigations and store meetings.
• Cash Control – Assist with cash overage or shortages issues (Register, Deposit, Coupons, etc.).
• Safe Control – Assist with audits of the safe and the safe handling. Also help with some safe programing.
• Review numbers from an accounting standpoint to identify errors that can create loss in cash and inventory.
• Remote Surveillance – Conduct remote surveillance for compliance with Royal Farms policies and procedures, as well as the law.
• Courts – Attends court for criminal cases as a witness and to get restitution for any loses to Royal Farms. Works with police and states attorneys for prosecution.
• Preventive Maintenance – Assist with preventive maintenance with NVR and Safes.
• Inventory Process – Assist the inventory teams in audits of the stores.
• Training – Assists with training operations on NVR, Safe, Lottery Machine and other policies and procedures through store visits and training classes.
• Alarm Monitoring – Responsible to answer alarm calls when directed by the alarm monitoring company and to investigate the issue at the store (Robbery, burglary, panic alarm activation, motion activation and 24-hour door activations).
• Trouble Shooting – Assists with trouble shooting issues related to the NVR, Dashboard, Smart Safe and other Loss Prevention and Risk Management issues.
• Other duties given by his/her supervisor.
Looking for someone to cover stores near the Washington DC Metro Area and Northern Virginia.
• High School Diploma
• 2 years of Loss Prevention & Safety experience preferred
• Good computer, verbal, and written skills
• Excel, Power Point, Word, and other MS office experience.
• Interview and Interrogation certification preferred