20474 Lankford Highway
Parksley, VA 23421
The Customer Service Leader (CSL) works in support of the leadership team to facilitate the completion of all store-level tasks. The CSL performs a variety of tasks related to different areas of the store, including: food preparation, point of sale, customer service, general housekeeping, and other related functions. The desired candidate creates a positive store culture by treating employees fairly and respectfully. The CSL must be self-motivated, dependable, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, all while maintaining 100% total customer focus and operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment (greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining outstanding standards, product knowledge, and all other components of customer service)
• Ensures the proper execution of assigned food service programs and procedures
• Supports and follows all safety and security initiatives
• Adheres to the execution of established Royal Farms rules, policies, procedures, and systems
• Ensures the proper execution of all Royal Farms marketing programs
• Operates the point of sale (POS) and maintains proper cash controls
• Provides leadership to their retail team members that ensures a pleasant customer service experience
• Adheres to company policy for checking in external and internal vendors
• Maintains operational excellence and consistency in store cleanliness, food safety, merchandising, and “just-in-time” replenishment
• Completes all store side work as required (e.g., cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.)
• Ensures the compliance of Royal Farms policies, procedures, and systems (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.)
• Completes other assigned tasks
The ideal candidate for the Customer Service Leader position must be at least 18 years old and:
• Has consistently demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Understands that their success depends upon their team’s success, encouraging and inspiring their coworkers to improve themselves
• Possesses strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possesses strong supervisory and organizational skills
• Has at least 1 year of food service/retail management experience. Internal promotion candidates should be employed for at least 90 days.
• Has earned a high school diploma or GED
• Utilizes basic business math and accounting skills, computer skills, and strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
• Is currently ServSafe Certified or is able to become ServSafe Certified and maintain the certification. Must be certified within 6 months of placement into the position.
• Can lift and carry 50 lbs
• Can lift, bend, and stand as many as eight (8) hours per shift.