8803 Philadelphia Road
Rosedale, MD 21237
The Customer Service Associate (CSA) works in support of the store leadership team to facilitate the completion of all store-level tasks and performs a variety of tasks related to different areas of the store including food service, point of sale duties, customer service, general housekeeping, and other related functions. The CSA ensures an exceptional customer experience for all Royal Farms customers by delighting them in a way that creates loyalty.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment (greeting and acknowledging customers), maintaining outstanding standards, demonstrating product knowledge, and performing all other components of customer service
• Respond to customer requests in a timely manner, including answering customers’ questions about merchandise and advising customers on merchandise selection
• Communicate with the leadership team regarding customer requests, vendor-related concerns, and damages in products
• Operate the cash register, scan items, bag merchandise and properly handle different methods of payment. Maintain proper cash levels in register drawer. Activate fuel and gift cards and ensure cash drawers balance at the end of shift
• Perform the following duties related to Customer Self Service machines:
o Always present and engaged with all customers
o Direct and encourage customers to use the Self-Checkout, and educate and assist customers with the
Self-Checkout system as needed to help speed along their checkout experience
o Monitor all Self-Checkout transactions to ensure payment for all items and to eliminate potential
opportunities for theft
o Troubleshoot the equipment and escalate issues when necessary
o Assist customers with items that are not available using the Self-Checkout system alone, including:
Other items that are behind the line depending on the store (Health and Beauty, Lottery, cell phone
• Comply with federal and state laws by requesting personal identification from customers who are purchasing restricted products such as tobacco and/or alcohol.
• Prepare all made to order food and/or beverages according to recipe or customer specifications.
• Replenish products and supplies to ensure the store is always stocked
• Check expiration codes, face and inspect all items. Pull expired items, document, and discard
• Perform customer fuel transactions and monitor activities at the fuel court. Stop fuel pumps if necessary.
• Ensure the proper execution of assigned foodservice and beverage programs and procedures.
• Ensure the compliance of established Royal Farms safety, security, quality, and store operations policies and procedures, as outlined in standard operating procedures, training materials, and other publications
• Ensure safe working conditions by maintaining a clean, organized work area in accordance with standards. Any unsafe conditions are immediately reported to leadership.
• Complete all side work, as required (cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.)
• Complete other assigned tasks as assigned by management
The ideal candidate for the Customer Service Associate position must be at least 17 years old and will:
• Understand that their team’s success depends on their accomplishments
• Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess organizational skills and decision-making skills
• Have earned a high school diploma or GED (preferred)
• Utilize basic math skills and basic computer skills
• Exhibit acceptance of authority
• Be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
• Be able to lift, bend, and stand as many as eight hours per day