9500 Pulaski Highway
Middle River, MD 21220
This job contributes to Royal Farms success by leading a team of Associates to create and maintain a positive experience for our customers. The Store Leader is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the store. In particular, a substantial portion of time is spent supervising and directing the workforce, making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, discharging, staffing and scheduling), ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, managing the store’s financial performance, and managing safety and security within the store. Additionally, they would be self-motivated, dependable, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus and operational excellence.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment (greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining outstanding standards, product knowledge, and all other components of customer service)
• Adhere to the execution of established Royal Farms rules, policies, procedures, and systems
• Support and follow all safety and loss prevention initiatives
• Assemble an effective retail team through recruiting, training, and development.
• Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly
reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for
improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.
• Develop a strong management team through succession planning using the internal promotion process
• Implement a strategy to maintain operational excellence and consistency in store cleanliness, food safety,
merchandising, and “just-in-time” replenishment
• Monitor and analyze business processes and results to profitably achieve Royal Farms goals
• Adhere to company policy for checking in external and internal vendors
• Ensure the proper execution of all Royal Farms marketing programs
• Connect with the community in which we operate to establish positive relationships
• Provide leadership to their retail team members that ensures a pleasant customer service experience
• Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt Associates and minors.
• Conduct meetings with retail team members and encourage on-going open communication, feedback and
• Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations.
• Resolution oriented in all Employee Relations activities
• Recognize employees that adhere to the company’s standards
• Ensure the compliance of Royal Farms’ policies, procedures, and systems (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.)
• Complete other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate for the Store Leader position will:
• Have consistently demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess strong supervisory and organizational skills
• Have at least 2 years’ fast food/retail management experience.
• Have earned a high school diploma or GED
• 2-year college degree preferred
• Utilize basic business math and accounting skills, computer skills, and strong analytical and decision-making
• Food Safety Certification preferred
• Be at least 18 years old
• Must be able to travel as required
• Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
• As you will be training employees who are required to lift and bend, you should be able to lift, bend, and stand as many as eight hours per day
• Be able to lift and carry 50 lbs