7950 Pulaski Highway
Rosedale, MD 21237
The Shift Leader works in support of the leadership team to facilitate completion of all store-level tasks. The Shift Leader performs a variety of tasks related to different areas of the store, including: food preparation, point of sale, customer service, general housekeeping, and other related functions. The desired candidate is someone who creates a positive store culture by treating employees fairly and respectfully. The Shift Leader must be self-motivated, dependable, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, all while maintaining 100% total customer focus and operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment (greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining outstanding standards, product knowledge, and all other components of customer service)
• Ensure the proper execution of assigned food service programs and procedures
• Support and follow all safety and security initiatives
• Adhere to the execution of established Royal Farms rules, policies, procedures, and system
• Ensure the proper execution of all Royal Farms marketing programs
• Operate the point of sale (POS) and maintain proper cash controls
• Provide leadership to their retail team members that ensures a pleasant customer service experience
• Adhere to company policy for checking in external and internal vendors
• Maintain operational excellence and consistency in store cleanliness, food safety, merchandising, and “just-in-time” replenishment
• Complete all side work as required (cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.)
• Ensure the compliance of Royal Farms’ policies, procedures, and systems (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.)
• Complete other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate for the Shift Leader position must be at least 18 years old and will:
• Have consistently demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Understand that their success depends on their team’s success, aspiring to make the people around them better than they currently are
• Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess strong supervisory and organizational skills
• Have at least 6 months’ food service/retail management experience. Internal promotion candidates should be employed for at least 90 days.
• Have earned a high school diploma or GED
• Utilize basic business math and accounting skills, computer skills, and strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• This is can be a Full-Time or Part-Time position and does not require open availability like other management roles.
• Be ServSafe Certified currently or be able to become ServSafe Certified and maintain the certification. Must be certified within 6 months of placement into the position.
• Be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
• Be able to lift, bend, and stand as many as eight hours per day