Shift Leader | 6901 Governor Ritchie Hwy. Glen Burnie, MD
6901 Governor Ritchie Hwy.
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
The Shift Leader works in support of the leadership team to facilitate completion of all store-level tasks. The Shift Leader performs a variety of tasks related to different areas of the store, including: food preparation, point of sale, customer service, general housekeeping, and other related functions. The desired candidate is someone who creates a positive store culture by treating employees fairly and respectfully. The Shift Leader must be self-motivated, dependable, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, all while maintaining 100% total customer focus and operational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment (greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining outstanding standards, product knowledge, and all other components of customer service)
• Ensure the proper execution of assigned food service programs and procedures
• Support and follow all safety and security initiatives
• Adhere to the execution of established Royal Farms rules, policies, procedures, and system
• Ensure the proper execution of all Royal Farms marketing programs
• Operate the point of sale (POS) and maintain proper cash controls
• Provide leadership to their retail team members that ensures a pleasant customer service experience
• Adhere to company policy for checking in external and internal vendors
• Maintain operational excellence and consistency in store cleanliness, food safety, merchandising, and “just-in-time” replenishment
• Complete all side work as required (cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.)
• Ensure the compliance of Royal Farms’ policies, procedures, and systems (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.)
• Complete other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate for the Shift Leader position must be at least 18 years old and will:
• Have consistently demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Understand that their success depends on their team’s success, aspiring to make the people around them better than they currently are
• Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess strong supervisory and organizational skills
• Have at least 6 months’ food service/retail management experience. Internal promotion candidates should be employed for at least 90 days.
• Have earned a high school diploma or GED
• Utilize basic business math and accounting skills, computer skills, and strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• This is can be a Full-Time or Part-Time position and does not require open availability like other management roles.
• Be ServSafe Certified currently or be able to become ServSafe Certified and maintain the certification. Must be certified within 6 months of placement into the position.
• Be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
• Be able to lift, bend, and stand as many as eight hours per day