424 Sixth Street
Annapolis, MD 21403
The Night Shift Customer Service Leader is responsible for the complete operations of the store when a more senior level manager is not present. This position will be scheduled primarily on 3rd shift to manage tasks that are typically reserved for nighttime shifts, occasionally position will be scheduled on 2nd shift based on business needs. This position will make appropriate recommendations to the store management team regarding any store concern or opportunity.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure exceptional customer service is being delivered. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries in a courteous and timely manner. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries and solicit customer feedback and input.
• Follow and train our Mission and Brand standards
• Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies and standards.
• Provide direction, motivation, and coaching for associates during the shift.
• Recognize associates and celebrate accomplishments.
• Enforce cash handling and accountability processes and perform manager functions on register.
• Administrate check-in of external and internal vendors according to corporate procedures.
• Exhibit a working knowledge of store equipment and ensure facility and store conditions meet established standards.
• Complete all required cleaning tasks
• Any other duties as assigned by the Store Leader
Essential Functions include:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work with little or no supervision
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to defuse issues using de-escalation and problem-solving techniques
• Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
• Excellent relationship building and leadership skills
• Food Safety Certified
• Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
• Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, and pushing
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
• Ability to learn and utilize the store’s technology
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be at least 18 years old to be considered for this role
• Ability to direct others and prioritize tasks
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Ability to work 35 – 40 hours per week
• Ability to work primarily third shift with an occasional 2nd shift, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
• Experience leading, developing and selecting teams preferred
• Experience effectively implementing change and demonstrated results in execution
• Leadership experience in a fast-paced retail, food service, or fuel environment preferred
• Experienced in all areas of store operations, including food service
• Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
• Exceptional Customer Service
• Relationship Building
• Effective Communication