Bear, DE 19701
The main objective of the Kitchen Manager, also know as the Food Service Leader (FSL) in this job description, is to manage all areas of the food service and beverage operation. The FSL is responsible for efficiently executing all food service programs in compliance with Royal Farms guidelines as well as regulatory food service specifications. The FSL is required to train, coach, and lead the food service team. They oversee inventory, order product and supplies, and ensure routine maintenance and upkeep of equipment. The FSL is accountable to meet and/or exceed food and beverage performance and profit goals according to Royal Farms standards. The FSL should provide a safe, sanitary, and appetizing food service environment. The FSL ensures an exceptional customer experience while achieving operational excellence.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment (greeting and acknowledging customers, maintaining outstanding standards, product knowledge, and all other components of customer service)
• Maintain and drive high standards and expectations around food quality, food safety and store cleanliness
• Ensure the 24/7 execution of all food service and beverage programs; including proper ordering, production planning, product handling and appearance
• Administer food service efficiencies and ensure planograms are utilized and followed
• Manage the training, coaching, and performance of food service team members.
• Analyze food service results and trends; prepare action plans to leverage the store’s food strengths and address areas of opportunity to ensure food service profitability. Execute all action plans.
• Complete all store side work (i.e., cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.)
• Develop knowledge and awareness of current marketing programs, promotions, strategies, and initiatives; educate all retail team members
• Adhere to company policy with external and internal vendors
• Comply with Royal Farms’ policies, procedures, and systems (people, safety, assets, etc.)
• Complete other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate for the Food Service Leader position must be at least 18 years old and will:
• Have consistently demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Understand that their success depends on their team’s success, aspiring to make the people around them better than they currently are
• Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess strong supervisory and organizational skills
• Have at least 1 year food service/restaurant management experience. Internal promotion candidates should be employed for at least 90 days.
• Have earned a high school diploma or GED
• Utilize basic business math and accounting skills, computer skills, and strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays based on business needs. Primary work hours are between 6am – 2pm.
• Be ServSafe Certified currently or be able to become ServSafe Certified and maintain the certification. Must be certified within 6 months of placement into the position.
• Be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
• Be able to lift, bend, and stand as many as eight hours per day