6105 East Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08232
The Fuel Leader (FL) is responsible for managing all aspects of the fuel product offering at store level. The FL is a dedicated resource within the store management team responsible for achieving the store process and resulting goals through the efficient execution of all fuel programs in compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines. The FL is required to train, manage, and coach fuel associates; oversee all product handling procedures, manage the inventory and ordering of supplies, and ensure the completion of routine maintenance and cleaning of all fuel-related equipment. The FL is responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, and customer-focused fuel environment at all times.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures a pleasant shopping experience for all customers. Responds to customer complaints or inquiries. Solicits customer feedback, input, and information through various communication vehicles. Reacts to information and creates a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all customers
• Ensures the 24/7 execution of fuel operations at store level, including product handling, supplies ordering, and pricing compliance
• Manages the training, coaching, and performance of all fuel service associates
• Ensures proper execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures, and practices
• Ensures proper execution of all cash management activities, including accurate cash handling, credit card processes, and safety procedures
• Analyzes fuel metrics and trends, preparing action plans to leverage the store’s fuel operations strengths and addressing areas of opportunity
• Coordinates daily fuel operations assignments and activities of associates
• Ensures fuel pricing procedures are executed
• Adheres to the execution of established Royal Farms rules, policies, procedures, systems, and uniform standards
• Communicates with the leadership team about customer requests and vendor-related concerns
• Ensures the proper execution of all Royal Farms marketing programs
• Ensures creation of the store’s weekly gas schedule on a timely basis while working within labor guidelines and meeting target.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Follows the process for assisting fuel customers:
greets drivers at the kiosk/fuel dispenser and determines needs (fuel type, amount, etc.)
programs the fuel dispenser and retrieves the pump/nozzle
inserts the nozzle into the fuel tank and sets to pump
replaces the gas cap on the fuel tank when applicable
• Processes cash and credit payments (credit at tank, cash in vestibule at register) and uses a cash register to dispense change/receipt at completion of service
• Collects trash at kiosk area and replaces trash liner
• Wipes down fuel tank, pumps, and counters
• Changes fuel price displays on tanks using “toppers”
• Maintains verbal communication with store personnel via two-way radio/headset
• Can continuously throughout their shift: walk, stand, handle, reach horizontally, grasp firmly and flex fingers
• Can frequently during their shift: reach above the shoulder and below the waist
• Can occasionally during their shift: bend, stoop, squat, and push
• Can occasionally lift weights up to 50 lbs.
• Can frequently lift weights of 3-5 lbs.
• Withstands extreme environmental temperatures (hot and cold)
• Completes outdoor housekeeping functions, including: using outdoor power equipment, cleaning, power washing, sweeping, picking up and emptying trash, shoveling, and keeping sidewalks/parking lot safe. Works with a variety of cleaning supplies and chemicals, salt, spill absorbents, etc.
• Performs a daily check by manually inspecting breakaway, nozzles, hoses, spill bucket and other components in the fuel court to ensure safe working conditions. Logs information.
• Maintains spill buckets (clean & dry) and reconnects any hose breakaways as needed.
• Performs a weekly check of the hazardous waste drum to ensure proper conditions and levels. Places phone call for replacement of hazardous waste drum as needed. Inspects the tag and gauge on fire extinguishers. Logs information.
• Wipes down the fuel area (pumps, trash, valets) with cleaning chemicals. Restocks all fuel area supplies and products.
• Replaces receipt paper and ensures that credit card payment area has not been tampered with
• Inspects and wipes down the air pump with cleaning chemicals
• Maintains the Fuel and Hazmat closet
• Clears oil and gas spills in accordance with all safety standards. Properly disposes of hazardous material and documents clean-up in the fuel box when applicable.
• Executes all aspects of the store trash program, including emptying exterior cans, compacting and bailing trash, and organizing and maintaining the trash room, totes, and /or compound
• Ensures compliance with the corporate signage program, which may require climbing and balancing on a step stool
• Provides a pleasant shopping experience for all customers and responds to customer requests in a timely fashion
• Communicates with the store manager about facility issues and concerns
The ideal candidate for the Fuel Leader position must be at least 18 years old and:
• Has leadership experience in a fast-paced retail, food service, or fuel environment
• Understands that their success depends upon their team’s success, encouraging and inspiring their coworkers to improve themselves
• Possesses strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possesses organizational skills and basic computer skills
• Is physically fit, healthy, and able to be on their feet throughout the working hours
• Interacts easily with diverse employees
• Can frequently lift 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
• Preferably has earned a high school diploma or GED
• Has thorough knowledge of—and is committed to—Royal Farms culture and values
• Can work outside in all types of weather
• Utilizes basic business math and decision-making skills