18 A Dundalk Avenue
Dundalk, MD 21222
The Assistant Store Leader position is responsible for implementing workflow procedures based on direction from the Store Leader. Their duties include supervising employees during day-to-day tasks, providing customer support in escalated situations and managing the overall workflow of their store. They will also be required to lead the daily operations of the store and retail team in the Store Leader’s absence, and to otherwise assist the Store Leader as required.
The desired candidate will be a person who would create a positive store culture by treating employees fairly and with respect. Additionally, they would be self-motivated, dependable, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus and operational excellence.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure every customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment (greeting and
acknowledging customers, maintaining outstanding standards, product knowledge, and all other components of
• Adhere to the execution of established Royal Farms rules, policies, procedures, and systems and reports
concerns to the Store Leader and when applicable, the District Leader and Human Resources
• Works closely with the Store Leader to train new employees on proper safety procedures and use of personal
protective equipment. Conduct ongoing training of any new material or safety related procedures.
• Assist the Store Leader with assembling an effective retail team through recruiting, training and development,
and timely performance feedback
• Monitor and analyze business processes and results to profitably achieve Royal Farms goals
• Ensure the proper execution of all Royal Farms marketing programs
• Connect with the community in which we operate to establish positive relationships
• Adhere to company policy for checking in external and internal vendors
• Provide leadership to their retail team members that ensures a pleasant customer service experience
• Recognize employees that adhere to the company’s standards and recommend to the Store Leader employees
who may be suited for promotion
• Resolution oriented in all Employee Relations (ER) activities
• Ensure the compliance of Royal Farms’ policies, procedures, and systems (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.)
• Complete other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Store Leader position will:
• Have consistently demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess strong supervisory and organizational skills
• Have at least 1 year fast food/retail management experience.
• Have earned a high school diploma or GED
• 2-year college degree preferred
• Utilize basic business math and accounting skills, computer skills, and strong analytical and decision-making
• Food Safety Certification preferred
• Be at least 18 years old
• Must be able to travel as required
• Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
• Be able to lift, bend, and stand as many as eight hours per day
• Be able to lift and carry 50 lbs